Saturday, December 20, 2008

Kanye West: "I Want To (Fashion Industry) Intern on Weekends"



Kanye West in Ralph Lauren and Lanvin (image via fashionweekdaily via Patrick McMullan)

All caps blogger Kanye West has caught the fashion bug. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he is enamoured with supermodels? Anyway, it is serious. The 31-year old musician moved the London and applied to intern at Louis Vuitton and other houses. The Louis Vuitton gig is working out, and he wants to continue to pursue the glamorous fashion world (it is far more glam than the dying fish that is the music industry). From Fashionweekdaily:

"With a name like Flaunt, it's no surprise that a lavish indoor/outdoor soiree was thrown in honor of the magazine's 10th anniversary on Thursday night at the private estate of Wayne Kao in Bel Air .. The ostentatious bash brought in star-studded company including Eva Mendes, Kim Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, Kelly Osbourne, Jessica Szohr, Shannon Doherty, Danny Masterson, Balthazar Getty, Niki Reed, Bai Ling, Rachel Smith and more .. Kanye West was equally fashion-focused. 'Fashion is something I want to do for the rest of my life. For now, I want to intern on weekends. I've been learning about the industry and have a lot of opportunities, and really just want to get to the point where I can make clothes that are good enough to put my name on them,' the musician enthused optimistically. 'I'm going to Paris this Saturday to finish my shoes with Louis Vuitton. I understand design, I understand street, I understand the kids, and I understand...black tie, I guess?' he laughed earnestly, smoothing out his dapper Ralph Lauren suit paired with Lanvin accessories."

No comments: