Thursday, February 08, 2007

Awesometastic: A Date With John Waters



I cannot tell you how much The Corsair is enjoying John Waters' new thing http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/01/30/093100.php Who knew? One track, "Jet Boy Jet Girl" I cannot get out of my head. A Date with john Waters. Buy it here. Brilliant and, because it is a John Waters production, it is a seriosuly cracked affair.

"Track Listing for A DATE WITH JOHN WATERS:

1. Tonight You Belong To Me – Patience & Prudence
2. Jet Boy Jet Girl – Elton Motello
3. Aint Got No Home – Clarence "Frogman" Henry
4. Id Love To Take Orders From You – Mildred Bailey
5. In Spite of Ourselves – John Prine with Iris DeMent
6. All I Can Do Is Cry – Ike & Tine Turner
7. Big Girls Don’t Cry – Edith Massey
8. Imitation of Life – Earl Grant
9. Sometimes I Wish I Had A Gun – Mink Stole
10. Johnny Are You Queer? – Josie Cotton
11. (Night Time Is) The Right Time – Ray Charles
12. Hit The Road To Dreamland – Dean Martin
13. If I Knew You Were Coming I’d’ve Baked A Cake – Eileen Barton
14. Bewildered – Shirley & Lee

(From seriosulyomgwtf)

2 comments:

(S)wine said...

Brilliant!
Waters rocks.
It's the only thing I miss about living in Baltimore.

The Corsair said...

Such a great efvfort by Waters. Mov ies, now music.