Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Arianna on Judith Miller

arianna1

(image via americanpolitics/arianna)

Arianna Huffington plays hardball, we all know that. Today she throws down on Judith Miller, pimp-style:

"Sources close to New York Times public editor Barney Calame tell me that he is doing some 'very vigorous reporting within the paper' for his upcoming column about the Judy Miller stories that appeared on Sunday (The New York Observer has been doing some great reporting on this too).

"I have been reexamining the stories myself, like a Talmudic scholar inspecting each word of the ancient text looking for hidden meanings. I have yet to find the illumination I seek. But I have accumulated a growing collection of random thoughts and even more unanswered questions.
Here are a few of them, along with the excerpts that inspired them:

�...'Every day, she checked outdated copies of The Times for a news article about her case. Most days she was disappointed.'

"Just like Times readers check the paper every day for articles that will finally tell the truth about Miller�s and the Times� role in Plamegate. And every day -- including this past Sunday -- they are disappointed."

More here.

1 comment:

(S)wine said...

I loves me some Arianna. I have this fantasy of Arianna and Maureen Dowd cavorting on a yacht in the Greek islands....

Uh, forget it.