Monday, November 01, 2004

The Corsair's One Year Anniversary

So, this blog has been up and regularly published for one year now. Frankly, I don't even remember how it began ... Oh yeah, I was going to do some big The Corsair's Inferno thingie, after Dante's, with lots of literary devices, sentencing pop cultural figures -- which I still might do at a later date -- but, to be frank, the election chaos has sapped us of almost all of our wit. Totally spent. Let's just talk like real people ....

I would like to go through and post links to some of my favorite moments doing this blog, thus far. First off, the publicity, from Michael Musto and Richard Johnson and Chris Wilson at Page Six have been the high points of this blog, without question, and I'd like to thank all involved for that. Also, Chris Lehman of New York gave me a very cool writing assignment for New York Magazine as a direct result of this blog, and I was very happy for that as well as the chance of working with him. (Hey mag editors-Corsair readers, I'm not averse to taking on more assignments -- hint, hint, wink, wink)

Okay, with all the nostalgia out of the way, one of my favorite moments was the AJ Benza fight, which occurred on my birthday, after 50,000 hits. It was a good day, my birthday, that June 4th, for Gemini's. The whole thing was yummylicious. AJ's a cool guy, I just didn't know it at the time when I wrote:

"Apparently, The Corsair has a little more juice than he thought he did. Multitudinous is my capacity for making mischief, dear readers (The Corsair rubs his hands together like the cat who licked the cream). The other day I blogged on AJ Benza and the Howard Stern Razor article, blaming him with incendiary language.Imagine my surprise today when, sifting through the birthday wishes and usual hate e-mail, I received a missive from AJ Benza himself!In the subject line it read, 'Note to Ron OogaBooga from AJ Benza.'"

You've got to read the whole thing, it's pretty funny, cheers to AJ, brother, that was blog gold.

When I posted this interview with myself after so many people were sending me emails to talk about myself, man, I got so much ice in the blogosphere. Where was the love? People were just on my case for being egocentric, but then, what is a blog, in a way? But it all smoothed out.

Then I did that Media Left Behind series, and a lot of Christians were angry about that after Wonkette and Poynter picked it up. Christian reporters from the Bible Belt were all in my grill over that and I should have published some of the correspondence.

I loved doing my favorite 70s tv ... love this post. Also, musical chairs at Conde Nast. RIP, Jacques Derrida. All those were strong.

Oh my God, this Ron Galotti blog was pure evil. Sometimes I am ashamed I even blog. Reading it now is to be confronted with my own particular blend of Ugandan evil. I was horrible. I feel disgusted by the evil path I chose to walk on that one.

Al Franken is an arrogant guy who needed to be taken down a peg -- and so I did. To keep things on the up and up -- if I bash the Left, I bash the right, and vice versa, I also blogged about the Bohemian Grove -- and got an odd boho grove comment. Hmm. Was that "Hendry" Kissinger? FAnd, fr some strange reason, I am fond of this political blog on soft power and the First Lady, whch never really went anywhere.

Sometimes, I hate Stephanopoulos, and sometimes I like the scruffy dog. Al Sharpton is always a hoot. So are jailhouse pen pals. This is a very uncomfortable blog on Rudy Huxtable, aka Keisha Knight Pulliam, who turned out to be hott ... but I feel weird. Graydon Carter got it, both barrels loaded for bear..

Harry Potter and the Chattering Class. Very East Coast Media, although no one took note.
My interview with John Kerry's hair has gotten some good reviews, and I created it on a rainy day in Manhattan. If Kerry gets elected will he do very bad things to me for that?

This post on Geronimo's Bones, which are allegedly housed in the vault at Yale's Skull and Bones is kind of creepy, and most of it came from a dream and a strong bout of moral outrage on my part. Looking back, it is one of my better blogs, I think, but really strange because it is so indirect, and not funny ... at all.

Another favorite post of mine is The Remote Control Viewers Diary, my take on TV. If you have been with this blog, you know that I have hyped it to death and are probably sick and tired of it, but I am really proud of how it turned out, so, uh -- here.

My predictions for 2004 were dismal. Also: Chris Rock and Crack Rock and Neil Strauss.

Tired, so so tired. Let's get this election over with so that I can get my groove back.

Oh yeah, and here's to another year of blogging.

*The Corsair drinks some Cutty Sark to all the readers of this blog* "Cheers!"




4 comments:

The Corsair said...

thank you penco, and all the others who wished congrats on the other post ...

Yrs,
R

Shaw Israel Izikson said...

happy blog b-day dude!!

*drinks a bottle of Captain Morgan in salute*

Anonymous said...

Ron: Happy Anniversary!!!! You are most exceelent and you know I love you to death. -Casey

ps-get some Halo commenting on this bitch ;)

Cornelius said...

Thanks so much for the post, really effective data.
Tortes recipes | Poultry recipes | Microwave recipes