Thursday, August 26, 2004

An Existential Jamie Foxx

Jamie Foxx in Fade In Magazine waxes existential on Fame:

"I remember picking Jim Carrey up one time, right after he's separated from his wife. We went out because I was the only single dude on the show. He said, 'Hey, man, I've got this little movie I've been working on called Pet Detective. Wanna see some dailies?' I watched them and said, 'I want to shake your hand, now.' He said, 'why?' I said, 'because the night of the premiere is going to be the last time that I see you like this.' He said, 'I'm not going to change.' I said, 'It's not you, but you're going to be so big it can't be helped.' And I was there that night. I heard the way they were laughing at the first joke and I said, 'if they're laughing at this, by the time the movie is over, they're going to be laying in the aisles.' They were. And I got out of the theater and I saw Jim come out and all these people were pulling and grabbing at him. I just waived. And it was the last time I saw him like that."


No comments: