Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Michael Hirschorn Makes Good On VH1

I have to admit that I don't really remember what VH1 was like before it was cool. I vaguely recollect aging rock star video. Bad videos. Very bad videos.

Don't get me wrong: I love Dylan's Jokerman and Jagger and Midler's Beast of Burden, but on the radio. They do not translate well on celluloid. Remember The Stone's Undercover of the Night? Mick and Keith and the crew go down to some Latin American country for some political intrigue? Yeah, Riiight. What were they thinking? The only way Mick is going to some Latin American country is to knock up some supermodels! Please, baby, please, no aging rock star videos!


Anyhoo: Michael Hirschorn is the man responsible for making VH1 cool and irony laden.

Hirschorn filled the programming with Countdowns and Nostalgia and Irony and Snark: a healthy diet for the Gen Xer. We like Mike here at The Corsair.

No comments: